The Church of the Holy Spirit was designed by Lorenzo Gafà and attached to it is a day centre for children, run by the female congregation known as the Daughters of the Sacred Heart. The first primary school for the children of Żejtun was opened here around the beginning of the nineteenth century by the Żejtun clergy lead by Dun Alwiġ Camilleri (1766 - 1849). Maltese, Arabic and Religion were the main subjects taught here. British Inspectors sent over from England with the purpose of assessing the standard of education in the Maltese Island, spoke in laudatory terms of this small school.
The Daughters of the Sacred Heart,
12, St. Joseph Home,
Triq San Luċjan,
Church of the Holy Spirit
during religious services from 7.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 3.30 p.m. to 4.45 p.m.
0.033 km away
Old Law Courts
Triq Santa Katarina